Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June 15

.

I'm not sure what you call these things.  All the people around the outside edges pedal, and the guy in the middle (with a backwards baseball hat and shades) steers.  I believe sometimes these are used for barhopping.  Everyone drinks, except the guy who's steering. 

I had seen one of these on tv, but this was the first time I'd seen one in person.  They have just come up a noticeable hill, but seemed to manage without strain.



I'm not sure how it works, but you can see that each person has pedals........



In the beautiful garden at the end of my old block.  Hostas.  Love all the curves and overlaps.  That leaf in the upper left corner.......................



The curvy shadow at right...........



Fluffy pink poppy.



More poppies.  I am not sure if the fluffy ones and single ones are two different aspects of one sort of plant's flowers, or if they are different sorts of plants.




Poppies, lilies, snapdragons, and I do not know what the white flowers are.



Looking down hill toward my old house.



Lily, with hostas.  Love this light...............



Lily.



Catalpa.





Big clusters of sweet-smelling flowers, and big heart-shaped leaves.



Daylily, against a house that used to have a vine clinging to it.  The vine was ripped off at some point, but the places where the vine had attached itself to the house still show.



One of the mama mallards in West Park's pond.  She had 10, but one of them is out of the pic.



Clover.



Crown vetch.  As I was taking its picture, a man came up to me and told me what it was, and that it was nasty and invasive.  Too bad -- it's pretty..........



Daisies.




Outside the park now.  Lilies along 7th Stree.


.

No comments: