Sunday, September 11, 2016

August 2

.

On August 2 I walked over to the middle school to vote.  There were a couple of local primaries, and a couple of tax bills.

This is the very last "ordinary regular daylily" I saw in 2016.



Blackberry lily.  They have leaves like an iris.



I have no idea what this is.  It's growing in a crack between the sidewalk and a brick wall.  This is my kind of plant!



The basement of the middle school.  The polling place is across the hall from the cafeteria.



Another plant growing between the sidewalk and a hard place.  This is just the sort of non-fussy make-do sort of plant I'd like to grow.




Coneflower.  This one is a brighter color than they usually, so I'm guessing it's a special one.  It was rather bug-eaten (I've cropped out most of the holes).



Walnut.



Yes, please.



I do not know what this is.



The next two are butterfly bush.  (Two different butterfly bushes.)




I'm not sure I'd seen a double rose of Sharon before....



Love those curvy would-be petal bits.



Virginia creeper.



Bee balm and black-eyed Susan in West Park.



Bee balm, ready for its closeup.


.

No comments: