Tuesday, January 24, 2017

leaf

.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, revolutionary (1722-1803)



It has been too hot for January.  Way too hot.  40s (F).  50s.  High 50s.....  Climate change is REAL.  :-(



I found this leaf on the sidewalk.  I don't know what kind of plant it's from.  A shrub, but what kind of shrub......

Very textured, and excellently brown on the top side.




Beige and fuzzy on the back.



.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

This leaf is gorgeous. Love the texture. Looks like it must of come from a plant vs. a tree. Maybe someone carried something in and it blew or something in a garden? Gorgeous.

I need orange said...

I could see the shrub it came from. It was back next to the house, not up near the public sidewalk. I'll have to remember to watch it in spring and summer, to see if there are any more clues to its id.... Flowers? I don't know....