Saturday, February 04, 2017

January 27

.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment." -- Ansel Adams



Nut on the fence, with ... snow?  Hard little white chunks of frozen water.....



Our favorite thrift store is moving out of downtown, to way, way, west of city center.  NOT an improvement to our ambience, when necessary services move out of town!  Apparently the land the old building sits on downtown is "worth millions"..........  Too big a temptation to resist, I guess.  The new location is so far out that the city buses do not go there........

We took about a cubic yard of donations to the new place on the 27th, and did a bit of shopping (got only what was on our list!), so the trip was a definite net gain to "better out than in."

CB -- when B saw this large collection of Star Trek tapes, he thought of you.  Probably about a cubic yard(??) of vhs tapes.  Just what you need......  :-)


.

4 comments:

clayt666 said...

He can have them. I don't currently have a way to PLAY VHS tapes.

I need orange said...

We actually can still play them. Our old crt tv is in the basement by the eliptical machine. It has a vcr.... :-)

Jeanie said...

Vicki, is Treasure Mart moving? If so, a pity. I loved that big old house even though it was totally crammed. Where to? Or can I breathe easy?

I need orange said...

No, it's the Kiwanis I was talking about. :-) As far as I know, the TMart has no plans to vacate downtown. But I suppose the same thing could happen to them.... Lots of new condos going up in that part of town, right by Kerrytown and Zingerman's..............