Thursday, July 13, 2017

another map -- MeL interlibrary loans

.

In between working for my volunteer gig, and picking up trash when I walk, and editing trip photos, and various and sundry other activities, I'm still playing with Google Maps.

Here is a link to our within-Michigan inter-library loans map.

When we get a book from someone else's library, I stick a pin in the map, and send the library a postcard to say "Thanks for participating in MeL!"  (It takes a lot longer to write the postcard than it does to stick a pin in the map.....)

This image is a screen capture.  If you are interested, I encourage you to click through to the real interactive map rather than trying to look at the screen capture.  (I think clicking on the map image will get you to the real map, as will clicking on the link which is the previous paragraph.)



Blue is the default pin color when you make your own map.  It took me a while to figure out how to change it, and I only know how to change it pin by pin, so I'm not going back and changing all of those (to orange, say).  We've only recently started adding my better half's MeL borrows.  They are the green ones.


.


No comments: