Friday, September 22, 2017

Calontir on GoogleMaps

.

You may remember my blog post about my brother's coronation.  That was an excellent day.....  In the coronation post, I explain many things...........  If you want to go read background descriptions of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Calontir, etc., please do.  It was a really good day.   :-)

If you want to cut right to the chase, the extremely terse version is that my brother and sister-in-law and their kids have been in the SCA for decades.  They live in the SCA kingdom of Calontir.

Smithville Lake is north of Kansas City, Missouri.  For the last many years, Calontir has hosted a large SCA event at Smithville Lake in June. 



The current GoogleMaps pictures of Smithville Lake were taken when Calontir was encamped there this past June!  (Is this cool or what????)

Here is a link to the actual live map.



The images in this post are static screen captures from the live map.

Smithville Lake is big.  This first image shows where Calontir was encamped.




Let's zoom in, shall we?



Look at the fancy tents.  And the cool texture of the water.



This is as far in as we can zoom.  I am pretty sure the dots-with-shadows are people.....



Just to reorient you, this is the same pic seen near the beginning of this post.  I asked my brother where their tents were.....



My brother and sister-in-law's encampment.



Any closer would start to get creepy.  I'm glad people are not identifiable. 

I am glad to have screen captures, so I'll still be able to enjoy this after Google's images are reloaded at some future time.


.

No comments: