Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving

.



Thankful for family traditions like pumpkin pie for breakfast.

True confessions -- I have made a lot of pumpkin pie, over the years. I have never, no matter what I tried, managed to make pumpkin pie that didn't have soggy crust on the bottom. I don't like soggy crust.......... 

I finally gave up pumpkin pie for pumpkin custard. Back in the day when I did ceramics, I made myself a bunch of little fluted ceramic "pie crusts." This is pumpkin custard in a ceramic "pie crust." All the goodness of pumpkin pie, without the soggy crust.





Trying to concentrate on gratitude rather than dread, with marginal success.  Remaining appalled at the numbers of people who vigorously, gleefully reject reality in favor of fiction that happens to suit their fantasy...........


.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

That's a fabulous idea!

I hope your day was terrific!