Thursday, March 15, 2018

October 24, 2017 -- Cincinnati zoo, part 3

.



Meerkat!



Painted dogs.  It really wasn't a warm day.  The painted dogs were all puddled up together every time we went by on October 24, 2017



Color in the plants.  I think the red is sumac, but have no idea what the green is.



This is the big African area where the crowned crane is.  I believe this is a Lappet-faced Vulture.



Wildebeest, aka gnu.



I think this is an impala.....



Scarlet ibis.



Bat!  Flying fox.



Lightened.  A lot.



Of course it is sleeping, hanging upside down from the fencing over its inclosure, all wrapped up in its wings.




Penguins. 



Orangutan.



Sifaka.  A lemur.




Sweet gum leaf.



They have bonobos!  I did not know that before I got there.  Of course there's no zoom lens on a phone.  And the real camera had a terrible time with the low light.  Sigh.  This image has been lightened considerably.

Bonobo child.



Bonobo ladies, sitting around.  "I swear, Madge, I'm gonna tell him he can't have the car for a month if he doesn't start doing his math homework without me reminding him day after day!"


And then we went back to our nice little apartment.

.

No comments: