Saturday, April 07, 2018

December 19, 2017

.

At the tire store.

We have snow tires, and regular tires (on separate sets of wheels).  The tire store swaps them out for us, fall and spring.

In 2017, November was so warm that no one (and the tire store assured me they really meant "NO ONE") swapped their tires.  Then it snowed and snowed in December, and EVERYONE wanted their snows on.  RIGHT THEN.

The people at the tire store worked REALLY hard to get that done, but there are only so many hours in a day.........

Usually one can make a tire-store appointment online.  But all the appointments were taken.  If you called, you waited on hold for a looooooong time, and then were told "if you get here before noon, we'll guarantee to do your car that same day."  Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy............................

I think maybe we're the only people with only one car.  It was not convenient for me to be "dropped off" to pick up the car at some later time.   But I was about the only one who was camped out at the tire store.



I read a novel.  (Well, part of a novel.)


I looked at the sky. 


I went next door to Panera and had some quite passable squash soup.



There's a nice fabric store across the street from the tire store.  I browsed in there for a while.



Then I went to the cat cafe.  Tiny Lions is a sort of branch of the Humane Society of Huron Valley.  They rent part of a strip mall (on the opposite side of town from the main Humane Society.  They have lots of comfy chairs, and lots of adoptable cats. 

I am a dog person.  If they had dogs, I would totally have been in the dog room.  But they have no dogs at Tiny Lions.  Only cats.  Cats are not dogs.  Alas.  But cats have fur.  You can pet them, if they're nice.

Tiny Lions is not really a cafe, but it's right next to a coffee shop, and you are encouraged to get coffee and bring it in with you, if you like.

This was my first visit.  You can pay to sit with cats for half an hour, or for an hour.  It was still well over an hour before the estimate of when I could have our car back.  I paid for an hour at the cat cafe. 

When I was checking in, Rachel came and jumped up on the counter, and said "hello."  They told me she was the denizen of Tiny Lions who had been there the longest on December 19.  They told me she liked me.  (Riiiiight.....   I know they say that to all the girls.  And boys.  Anyone they think might adopt a cat.................)

I told them I was a dog person and they shouldn't get their hopes up that I was going to adopt a cat.

I sat in a fairly comfy chair.  Rachel came and sat with me.  We had a long comfortable time, with her on my lap, and me scritching her head and cheeks.

It was nice.  I would go to Tiny Lions again, if I were trapped at the tire store for hours and hours.

I Instagrammed my experience with Rachel after I got home.  She was adopted within a week or two of that time.  I think Humane Societies should collect positive reviews about the pets and post the reviews with the pets' stories on their websites.  I bet that would help critters get homes................. 

(I told our Humane Society that, and they told me they'd tell whoever makes such decisions......)


.

No comments: