Sunday, May 13, 2018

April 2, 2018

.

Positive stories about historical women artists (almost all painters) who managed to make art despite all the obstacles in their way.  It is striking how much controlling fertility makes it more possible for a woman to have a life.  One of those things we take for granted here and now, but which is a *really* recent innovation not available to all.....

I recommend this book.  I hope her next book will include a greater variety of media.



My monthly postcards to Debbie, Debbie, Gary, Elizabeth, and Bernie.  (Closeup below.)

Drexel's natural history museum was closing out some of its older postcards.  I helped them with that.



Hmm.  Wondering if all viviparous quadrupeds in North America were/are mammals, and if so, why not just say "mammals"............  I am not aware of any non-mammals in these parts who are viviparous quadrupeds, but I do not reject the hypothesis that they exist............



Lots of telephone poles at the entrance to a park.  Hooray for upgrading the grid!


.

No comments: