Monday, May 28, 2018

May 13, 2018

.

Crab apples.



The kind with the fuchsia buds which turn white as/after they open are my faves.




Closer.






Redbud.





Closer.



Dogwood.



Pulmonaria.



Fothergilla.



Wet springs enable green tree trunks.



Dandelion and mushrooms.



Lily of the valley and periwinkle.



This Bradford pear was split in half after a storm, a year or so ago.

I guess I never took a good look at the part that used to be connected to the rest of the tree until May 13.  It was the red bottom of this image that caught my eye.  It reminds me of the red rocks we were looking at in the southwest at this time last year.

But after I got this image on "the big screen," I noticed that the black charred part at the top is at least as interesting.  I guess this tree got hit by lightning.........


.

No comments: