Wednesday, May 30, 2018

May 19, 2018

.

You know it's spring when there's asparagus at the farmers' market.



Chard and lettuce.



Mushrooms.



Flowers and tomatoes.  The (phone) camera is overwhelmed by this particular sort of fuchsia/hot pink.



Hanging baskets on a diagonal.



Tomato and pepper plants ready to set out.



Herbs.



More hanging baskets.  Something for everyone.......



Begonia and coleus.  And what I presume is a sparrow feather.  Lots of sparrows nest in the market roof.



This giant coleus was sitting under a basket that included begonias.




They are tearing up 5th Ave.  The last time they did this, they carefully saved and replaced the bricks.  I don't know what the plan is this time.  I hope they are keeping the bricks.............



Our daughter and one of her besties have birthdays one day apart.   When they were in high school they started making cheesecake together on the day between their birthdays.  The tradition for cheesecake continues, even though they now live in different parts of the country.

Last year we celebrated Cheesecake Day in Bryce Canyon National Park. Our balcony is the upper left one.



This slice is from the Bryce Canyon National Park lodge restaurant.  There was a huge line at the restaurant; we got take-out, and ate it on our balcony.  Mmmmmmm.



I like cheesecake......  This year I celebrated Cheesecake Day a bit early, because the cheesecake is near the farmers' market, and Saturday is market day.



The ambience suffers, compared to Bryce Canyon National Park, but the cheesecake was at least as good.



Some of the trash I picked up on the way home from the farmers' market.



The pieces that have been rinsed off.  Most of this will be recycled.  The comb and the ball can go to the thrift store.  I suppose the poker-chip thing is trash.....



Another act of resistance -- another sock I decline to throw in the trash.

Some people do very artful mending.  I am not there, but I lean in that direction.

This mend pleases me more than the previous ones, because there are more stitches, and I was more conscious about placing the ends.

It offends me to mend knitting with woven stitches.  I know perfectly well how to mend knitting properly.  But doing so on socks....  Too darn small (ha ha ha).  I could do it (if I had one of those magnifier-on-a-stand things), but it doesn't seem worth it, just to prove I could.  There are better ways to spend my time.....


.

No comments: