Thursday, May 31, 2018

May 22, 2018

.

Sourdough bread with big hunks of really good chocolate.



A slice of our life.  Minestrone (not bad, not fabulous, alas), with a slice of baguette, and water in a souvenir of the trip to the Masters.



Apparently May 22 is Zingerman's Creamery's birthday, too.  They were giving out free gelato.  We had coffee and chocolate.  Both ok but not fabulous.



Cotoneaster.




Surprised to see daisies this early.  But I guess there are a lot of plants that have this sort of flower -- maybe from completely different families?




May 22 was a nice day.  Pleasantly cool when the clouds were between us and the sun, a bit on the warm side when the sun made it to the ground, full strength.



There's a lot going on with columbines..... 



I thought this was a spent flower, and then when I got it on the big screen, I saw the drooping stamens, which confirm my supposition. 



Also note spider.....



Those things sticking up from the back of the flower............




Brand-new flower, behind a bud for the future.........



Alliums.




Closer crop of the lower left, near the middle of the above.   Spider in lower right of the next. 



Tree peony.  This is the most purple peony I've ever seen.  It's certainly eye-catching, but not to my taste.



Spirea.



Closer crop.



It seems to me I've been told what this is, but I can't remember............  ??



Spent maple flowers.



Bright Japanese maple in the midst of ginkgos (and a birch).  The light must have been just right -- this really was this strikingly red against the greens.


.

No comments: