Wednesday, June 27, 2018

June 18, 2018

.

My first day lily in my yard.




Daisy.



Mallow.






When I look at all that's going on in the middle, I think maybe there are lots of teeny tiny flowers, and all that pink is just for show, to bring the pollinators down on in.



Honeysuckle.  I don't think anything that smells better than this grows in our climate.



The darker ones have more scent.





Honeysuckle.  An embarrassment of perfumed-summer-evening riches.

Wondering when we started thinking riches are an entitlement rather than an embarrassment, and thinking that was a serious wrong turn!!!



Serviceberry.  These are edible once they are dark purple.  The aren't delicious, but I think they are nice.  I eat a few off each tree.  Serviceberries would be another embarrassment of riches -- the sidewalks underneath are strewn with berries....



Yarrow.




Sedum, and, I think, creeping thyme.  It looks a lot like sweet alyssum, but it's perennial........



Closer.....



Lily.



Lilies.



Milkweed.




.

No comments: