Tuesday, June 05, 2018

May 30, 2018

.

I love these purple iris with the purple and white stripes.  A neighbor a few blocks away had a LOT of these growing in the extension between the public sidewalk and the street.  One day a couple of years ago when I walked by and she was outside, I asked her if I might have one.  She said "Of course" but she was busy right that second, and asked where I lived so she could drop it off at my house.  She brought me three rhizomes.  I do not have good dirt, alas.  But I planted them anyway.

Last year they had one or two flowers, but this year they  have come into their own.  There are a lot more than three plants, and most of them are blooming full tilt.  Yay.





Raspberry flowers.




Hostas.



Rose.  This plant has the single pink rose blossoms (and buds) we've been admiring.






Siberian iris.



Geranium.  A lot of purple in the landscape just now!



Peonies.





A similar rose plant, but these are double flowers.



.

No comments: