Sunday, August 05, 2018

July 26, 2018

.

Dropping a card to someone who probably hardly ever does anything good, but who got this one right.  Hoping to nudge toward better behavior, now that his "safe seat" isn't feeling so safe any more......

(This is why I buy the pre-stamped postcards, 100 at a time, from the post office.  When I see someone to thank, I just grab one and go.)



Walking a different route.

This may be the biggest day lily bloom I've ever seen.



Cleome.



Sunflower closeup.



Even closer.  Looks like there are a ton of individual flowers in here, with those big yellow petals just drawing in the polinators........



Day lilies.




Crocosmia.





Hibiscus.




A fancy coneflower.  Wow!





The busier the street, the more trash there is.

This clamp? easily outweighs that rusty electrical? thing I picked up a few days earlier.  I wasn't that far from home when I picked it up, and I was glad to put it down.



Almost all of this is from two (2) blocks of one side of 7th Ave.


I've found that thinking of picking up trash as making the planet better isn't very convincing.  Given that there is just as much trash in a VERY short time as there was before I picked it up, it's hard to feel that any progress is made.



I'm finding that I'm more able to think of this practice as an act of persistence/resistance.

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ πŸ’ͺ🏿 πŸ’ͺ🏽 πŸ’ͺ πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

(Those things between the flags are meant to be arms with bulging biceps and clenched fists, in a variety of skin colors.)

The planet is not getting trashier and trashier because *I* failed to act.

(Despite the acts of far too many dirtbags...............)


.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Gorgeous. And you're right -- he rarely does anything right so good on him!