Saturday, October 20, 2018

October 10, 2018

.

Decorative kale by the post office.




The downtown post office is across 5th Ave from the library.  I bought postcards, and now I'm on my way to the library to return a book-on-cd.

Urban cairn.  We are looking south on 5th from the east side of the street.  The post office is 90 degrees to the right, and the library is just out of view beyond the upper left corner.



Marigold near the food coop. 

The food coop has a decent salad bar.  I like salad bars.  I'm still thinking about the "Food as Medicine" class I took online a few years ago -- they recommended we eat 20 different foods every day.  It's easy to do that if one of your meals is from a nice varied salad bar!



I stopped in Spun, the yarn shop in Kerrytown right next to the farmers' market.  Lots of eye candy, and so many nice things to pet......

This is a cute sweater.



Button closeup!  Hedgehogs.  :-)



Waiting for the bus to take me home -- looking up through locust trees at a partly-cloudy blue sky......



Locust leaves on the ground.  Another person waiting for the bus was wearing a gold and yellow sari -- same colors as the locust leaves.



Miller turns into Catherine when it crosses Main Street.  The bus stop is across Catherine from what used to be the downtown post office (at the corner of Miller/Catherine and Main).

Looking east on Catherine, with Main at my back.  The old post office building is 90 degrees to the right.  The brick building, barely visible at lower left) is on the block with the farmers' market.



Maple.



Closeup of a different leaf.



I asked for 100 postcards at the post office.  They only had 90; I took 'em.



Ephemeral art.  Chalk is gone the moment it starts raining..........


.

No comments: