Thursday, February 23, 2006

I finished a sock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night I decided -- *enough* dithering, just DO *SOMETHING*. So I cast off sock2 in the third stripe of ribbing. I wanted the casting off to *not* include any of the green/white, so I needed to have enough of one of the main colors left to finish the casting off). I like the way it looks. :-)

And then I picked out the casting-off of sock1, and knit another stripe. It is all ready for casting off, and I would have done that last night but the DH wanted to go to sleep. What about MY needs, I ask you? What about my Olympic Dream????? Of course I could have gone into the other room, but I was so comfy, there in bed.......

What with all the dithering, casting-off, unpicking, I did not manage to take any pictures. Tomorrow I do not have to go to work, so I will get pics for sure.

Casting off in the third stripe makes the ribbing over an inch tall. With two stripes, it was about 3/4 inch. I like this much better.

I tried them both on, multiple times, and they do fit, even if they look weird when empty.

So my goal of wearing them seems doable. :-)

And this morning I got out both the navy and the black plain sock yarns, and I think I'm going with the black for toes/heels/top-ribbing on the tube-that-would-be-socks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dh???

-val