Sunday, May 07, 2006

blue sock

I've been working more than I generally do on the weekend. Once I've begun a nasty task, I like to keep after it as long as I can bear, because I'd just as soon not have to struggle to overcome my aversion to it any more often than I have to.....

But I did do a little knitting.

"A plain boring blue sock?" I hear you wonder.....

I have a plan. I'm going to learn a toe-up heel other than the afterthought on this pair, and once I get to the ankle, I'm going to start knitting stripes out of embroidery floss. I already have a lot of colors, and if I want more, I can have several for a dollar. Colors. Bright saturated ones. Colors I get to pick as I knit. Excellent.

(Hope for me that the floss stays knotted, so that this whole plan doesn't unravel!)



No comments: