Friday, May 05, 2006

I said I hated cleaning...........

My actual, paying, day job involves a lot of messing with databases. Putting stuff in, getting it out, putting it in, getting it out, putting it in............

I've been assigned the most disgusting job I think I've ever had to do at work. The database equivalent of mucking out stalls, cleaning fish, and scouring the jock bar mens' room the Sunday morning after the Saturday night of the Big Game.

(I'm parsing huMONgous created-by-hand-by-persons text files, and trying to put the info into the db.)

Gack.

Ok, let's draw a curtain over that; too horrid and depressing to contemplate. (I guess, though, I should try to concentrate on the positive -- at least once this has been done, it will never need to be done again, unlike each of those nasty corporeal-world things I mentioned.......)

So I need to do something fibrous, don't I?? Yes, I do.

In the mean time, here is part of a shelf in my kitchen. I collected all of the food containers in their native habitat, with the exception of the candy tin.

1 comment:

I need orange said...

Wow -- that's a major switch! I hope you find it more interesting and more fulfilling!