Wednesday, May 10, 2006

cool places on the web

I've been knitting the blue sock. It's past the halfway-up-the-foot point.

Here are two new places on the web I've found in the last couple of days.

http://jujulovespolkadots.typepad.com/juju_loves_polka_dots/2006/05/paintings_by_lo.html

Did you know such things existed? I didn't. How cool! I'm very curious about how they work......

Now look at this:
http://megillustrations.typepad.com/photos/christmas_kitchen/index.html

If my house were neat and clean, it would look exactly like hers. Only different. More orange, less lace...... But the notion is exactly the same. The monster next to a Christmas tree on the mantel, the yellow trucks and construction vehicles on top of the over-the-mantel mirror -- this is me, all over.

She says she never throws anything away; I wonder where she keeps all of it? Not in that neat house (or not in any part she has shown us -- maybe she's got a nice big attic.....).

2 comments:

I need orange said...

You are right, I would have loved her. I'm sorry I never had the pleasure of meeting her. My condolences to you and H on your loss.

My current aspiration is to get rid of enough junk that there aren't piles of it everywhere, obscuring my wonderful things and overwhelming any glimpse of my exquisite sense of color and balance [winking so hard it looks like I have a tic....].

I need orange said...

Well, "suffer"....... [lol, snort!]

If that could be the extent of my suffering this week, I'd be kissing the hem of your garment.

Not to worry. I looked to see if I had the option of removing the dupes, but apparently not.....

I OUGHT to have, I believe.

I wonder if the only way to delete a comment is to delete the post? That would suck. I mean, not in this case, I don't care at all, but if someone said something horrid, I would surely want to delete it!