Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I love Murray

This morning when the kid went out to drive herself to the high school to visit her old teachers, she discovered that the Taurus's rearview mirror had fallen off the inside of the windshield. Sigh.

I've glued the rearview mirror back onto the windshield of our Voyager twice, and maybe once in the previous Voyager, too, so I anticipated no problems with the Taurus. The DH and I stopped at Murray's Discount Auto for a kit on the way home from work, and I took the kid out to show her how to do the fix.

Well, sheesh. #@((*#$^ Ford -- you can't get the metal thingie that is supposed to be glued to the windshield loose from the mirror without a special tool!!!!!!!! WHAT is up with THAT???????????????? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So I went BACK to Murray's, and the fourth guy there who worked at helping me finally went and got a tool off the rack (used for this purpose and this purpose only!!!!!!), opened the package, used the tool, popped the metal thingie off the mirror, stapled the package back together, and put it back on the rack.

I LOVE Murray's Discount Auto. That's not the first time they have helped me with some part of that Taurus that is easy to take care of by myself on the Voyager -- they put on the windshield wipers for me, when I couldn't get them to go on.............

Ford, SHAME on you. I won't be buying another Ford product. It is ridiculous to require a special tool to re-glue a rearview mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And let's not get into how I feel about you stopping manufacture of replacement parts for any car older than 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:-( Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!)

We have been happy with the Taurus. It is a '95 we bought two years ago as a teenager car, and it has been reliable and comfortable. But I am not at all happy with Ford, and wouldn't buy another. Sigh.

No comments: