Wednesday, June 28, 2006

another penguin

I sent you, before, to see stills of the little girl giant, and now my friend
e has found video. Do go see it!


I have been struggling with this penguin. It seemed to me that I ought to be able to do something interesting with him (her?). I removed the distracting identity tags from her flipper, desaturated the color, and fixed an anomaly in the surface on which she stands. I raised the contrast. I poster-edged her.

I'm still not sure I think this image works...... I'm not sure what I think should be different but........ ??

(contemplating a series: "almost black and white at the zoo" -- the zebra, the polar bear, the penguin.....)






















Here's another attempt....... ??

Maybe half-way between the two..... I do like the slightly tighter cropping in this next one, but maybe there's too much contrast between the penguin and the surface on which she stands..........

No comments: