Thursday, June 01, 2006

Berts and Ernies

I am way too old to have watched Sesame Street as a kid (think Captain Kangaroo....). But I have watched LOTS of Sesame Street with my kid. I'm convinced that's where she learned her letters and numbers....

I think Children's Television Workshop does a terrific job of helping kids make sense of their world, in all sorts of different ways.

My mom gave my daughter the younger of these Berts, way back when she was little. The other Bert and both Ernies came from my favorite thrift store. The older B&E have actual fiber hair, rather than molded plastic. I note that they are not wearing stripes. Did they not wear stripes, in the early days?

1 comment:

I need orange said...

I think it's interesting that the older Bert looks more -- discombobulated. Bert always seems to be thrown for a loop by Life........