Friday, August 11, 2006

ATC a day for August, day 11

I actually did some hardcopy experimentation this afternoon. I'd never done packing-tape transfers, and I tried some. They worked as easily as everyone says. They are still drying.

I think I need a teeny punch. I mean -- a punch that punches teeny holes. I'm thinking I'll apply the transfers to ... something else, not sure what, with some little bitty brads..............

In the mean time, haven't been able to walk away from the digital images.

Back to black and white -- this is the same zebra view from the other day, only now it's been reduced to only two values. Much better.

I spent a lot of time on that zebra tail, smoothing out the edges. I googled for a better solution, and found one -- use the "median" part of the "noise" filter. MUCH better, not so hands-on!

This is much better than the first attempt (a couple days ago). It reminds me of a fingerprint.......





















When I tried to clean up the edges of this zinnia, I lost the center. So I selected the center, inverted the selection, and did a very minimal two-pixel "median" "noise" filter, and came up with this: