Sunday, August 13, 2006

ATC a day for August, day 13

I did some more packing-tape transfers yesterday. I tried to keep the backgrounds pale, so that there was some transparency....

The technique is kind of annoying. I'm used to moving stuff around until it's just where I like it. With the tape, once you touch the paper, well, that's where it's staying, and if you don't like it, too bad for you. So I guess it's practice in not being so control-freaky. I do like the effect of the greater/lesser transparency.

That tape is really narrow, I'd just like to say. It seems wide enough, when you are sealing up packages, but when you are hunting through magazines for interesting images which will fit, well, you realize that it's really narrow.

I've never liked any words I've put into my collages, but using words this way -- a hunk of words that are not exactly out of context, but which don't hold together in coherent sentences.... I like them.

No comments: