Monday, January 15, 2007

Sometimes a little *more* adversity

makes the adversity you already had seem less significant.....

You'll recall that we can't use our garage.

This morning we woke up to this:
















Which is beautiful:





















But causes this:






















Which tends to fall on the electric wires, and cause [imagine here a pic, which I did not think to take, of our (mechanical) thermostat, showing the interior temp in our house at 55F].

Which requires getting in line for this:






















Which, hallelujah, results in the prettiest thing I saw all day (smoke coming out our chimney from the furnace)...........

2 comments:

I need orange said...

I'm sure that one is more likely to miss something one is used to than something one is used to doing without. (When we bought the minivan in 1997, they told us we'd be really sorry if we didn't get two sliding doors. We didn't, and I can't think of a single time when we've been sorry. I'm sure if we had two, and went to one, it would be annoying.....)

Scraping ice off the car is not something I'm fond of, early or late. We'll be glad to have a shelter for the car, again.....

I know a lot of people have dogs with no fenced yard, too, but that's a must for me. If I ever choose to live in a place with no fence, I will only have dogs which are small enough to use a litterbox..... Going out with them, every single time they go out, is not what I would ever choose.

Sigh.

At least Buzzy's Muttluks arrived, so he is shod in front and no longer wearing his toenails down till they bleed!

I need orange said...

We need to replace the fence, too.

Sigh, and argh.

My parents' plan was always to buy houses that were about five years old. Bugs worked out, but nothing falling apart.

An excellent plan, if you are willing to compromise on location (as there is essentially nothing of that age in a part of town I would choose)..........

Our house was built in 1946, and a lot of stuff needs to be done.

I know you are not impressed by my whining, as your house is twice as old, but there it is -- I hate taking care of stuff. No jollies there whatsoever.

Sigh.

Time to go to bed with a novel!