Sunday, February 11, 2007

weird

Andrea tagged me to name six weird things about myself.

Wow.

I feel so normal and rational. Weird? Naw, that's everyone ELSE...... :-)

But then, if "everyone else" is different, I guess that does make me weird. In a good way.

Ok.

Let's see.

1. I am a good speller, generally, but I can never remember how to spell "weird." Well, that was pretty light-weight. Let's see if I can go for something stranger.

2. Broccoli is my favorite vegetable. Another thing that seems normal to me, but.... I also love lima beans, another one that a lot of people don't like.

3. I hate debt. The only thing I've ever bought "on time" is a house. Otherwise, if I can't afford it, I don't buy it.

4. I do what I say I will do, when I say I will do it. (I surely wish that this were a normal trait in the population, rather something relatively odd!)

5. When they played "Satisfaction" (the original, not muzak!) in the grocery this afternoon, I danced along. Again -- seems normal to me, but my daughter is really really glad she wasn't there to be humiliated by her very weird mother. I wonder what on earth they will be playing in the grocery store in 30 or 40 years.... "Satisfaction" doesn't really seem like an encouragement to the Buy! Buy! Buy! atmosphere I'd expect them to prefer, in the grocery store business. But maybe no one listens to the words??? "I can't get no ...[dumdumdum] no! no! no!"

6. Finishing off with another lightweight -- my DH says there are exactly 20 minutes in the life-cycle of a banana during which I consider it edible. He's probably right. Too green -- nope. Did you know that a seriously too-green banana crunches like celery? It does. I'm not crazy about the texture of a too-ripe banana, either, but it's the smell that really grosses me out. I can make banana bread out of the old yucky ones, but I'm not eating them raw........


I'm now supposed to tag six people, but I'm worn out. If you would like to play along, do, by all means.

No comments: