Wednesday, April 30, 2008

walking, April 29

Some of those red maple flowers I showed you before, gone seedy.





I think this is the first time the macro focus has showed me something I'd rather not have seen. This lovely thing is crawling with sap-sucking parasites. Ick.

Nature, red in tooth and claw, is not something I wish to dwell upon. Even in a botanic way. Ick.

I was so pleased that these were in focus, until I looked at the twigs. Ick.

Sigh.







Moving right along.


Last May was full of crabapples. With luck, this May will be, too.....





Orange, "in the wild." Quince.





Bradford pear.





More Bradford pears. This is the same brick building I showed you last week, with a white tree in front of it. I thought it was Bradford pear, and now I'm 99% sure it was.....





Redbud. I wish I could get rid of the bottom of that light pole, but when I did, I lost either the habit, or a lot of the flowers, of the redbud, so......





Redbud.





Two shots of the same tulips. I believe I like the second one better.







Weeping cherry, with magnolia in the background. Don't miss the rhododendron looking in, bottom right.





Weeping cherry.





Magnolia.





I don't know what this is. It's the same tree I showed you last week with the graceful shape to its buds, stems, branches.





Lilac.





My yard isn't the only place covered in maple flowers.....




Lines of little bushes guard the front walk of one of my across-the-street neighbors.

I showed them to you once last fall; their round shapes contrasting with the hedge marking the property line to the south.



Here they are yesterday. This color is exactly as the camera remembers it.

No comments: