Saturday, September 06, 2008

in my back yard

.

Another golf ball vignette.





I am rather fond of lamb's quarters. They are lush, vigorous, edible, and produce lots of seeds for the birds.

A disaster has befallen the ones in my yard this year.






I believe this damage was insectoid in origin. I saw little moths hovering around the plants, and, later, small stingy things that might have (I hope) been hunting the moths or their larvae?

I surely hope they are ok next year..............





To close on a happier note, my ficus greatly enjoys its summer vacations on the patio. Look at all its little would-be figs. I believe figs are pollinated by tiny little wasps of some sort. I have seen some small-ish ones around these attempts at figs, but I would be surprised to learn that we have the right sort of wasps for figs, here in Michigan.



.

No comments: