Monday, September 15, 2008

September 8, walking home

.

Here's our golden rain tree, from an angle that makes one spray of pods look almost as big as the tree.





I wondered if I was going to get wet (very wet!) that day, but I encountered only a few sprinkles.





Sedum, with, then without, bee.







Things really change after Labor Day, in southeast Michigan. It's not full summer any more.





Mary Ann, over at Dispatch from LA has been photographing Chinese lanterns. (Her journal makes me want ... to paint and glue and draw.............)

Ann Arbor is way too small to have a China Town. Here's a lantern on someone's porch.





Milkweed. I don't remember it having such a black stem......





Coneflower, still excellent in its old age.





Gotta love zinnias.





.

No comments: