Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Feb. 2, Cocoa Beach, part 2

.

This beach was open to the Atlantic ocean. Nothing stopping the waves crashing on the beach, all the way from ... wonder where they originate?

This beach has the sound and the salty smell that say Beach to me.

Ahhhhhh.





Different sorts of critters from the shells I saw on that tiny island the day before.









I noticed a lot more feathers on this beach.





The "big shell" is about an inch at its biggest, so the leetle one is really tiny.





Note little holes in the sand. I wonder who makes them, and why? Breathing? Fishing/hunting? Yes?









Here is someone who knows just what is down there. Lunch.





This guy is a good deal smaller than the last one, with a similar shape.





This looks like the royal terns we saw in the Bahamas.





I had been on the beach for a while at this point, and when the sun attempted to come out, it occurred to me that I had not applied sunscreen. The beach's call was so impelling that I forgot.....

On my way back it started to rain, so in the interest of protecting the cameras, I decided I'd really better go back in.

Risking the little camera to capture this hot pink. (It wasn't raining *too* hard, and I think it was not damaged.... *Where* was my umbrella-bearer????)





Pelicans, from the 7th floor.





I told my honey that, of course, there was no way I could leave the beach and return to stifling suburbia........................



.

No comments: