Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 21, walking on home

.

Zinnias.







Not sharp, alas, but I liked the colors so much that I had to show it to you anyway.





Susan, and her friend, Bee.





Well now. Look at this. Black (well, ok, nearly black) stems and foliage.....



Its flowers are not black................





Now for something completely different -- a very large community nest box.

There are little porches, as well as all the apartments. When I walked up to this, I was sure I could see an open mouth above this nest. I believe the pink circle surrounds a baby's beak.





This is the south entrance to West Park, which, you'll recall, is all torn up for "improvements." This, at least, is an actual enhancement to the park. I had a look at what passed for stairs, here, last summer, and this is a big improvement.





We saw one of these nice raspberry daylilies on the 20th, which was a cloudy day. Here they are in the direct late-afternoon sun.







Hah! If at first you don't succeed..........

Last time, I couldn't buy a clear shot of the echinops here. This time every shot was clear as a bell. Go figure........

Very popular with the bees, these echinops.





Daylilies. In front of a house. Rather taken with this........





Love the intensity of these colors........





Queen Anne's lace, in the harsh late afternoon sun.



.

2 comments:

morningbrayfarm said...

Wow, Vicki, you got some really great pictures for this post. WOW! That first zinnia is so perfect it almost looks artificial. :) Love Susan with her friend, Bee... and the community nest box - how cool.

I need orange said...

Thanks!

I do sometimes clean up booboos on the flowers, but that one actually was Practically Perfect.

I love the bud, too. :-)

Susan and Bee... :-)

That enormous nest box is on the city park property.

I expect there are a lot of sparrows (the only ones I've ever seen around here are English sparrows). I wonder if anyone else uses it......