Friday, February 11, 2011

February 6

.

Those red dots are part of one of our new $5000-each curb cuts.  (I am all for curb cuts, but there WERE curb cuts in our neighborhood, which got jackhammered up and replaced by these new Really Expensive ones.)

You can see how the red dots (which are raised) might provide traction.  Not that a person who isn't entirely able-bodied could begin to manage the snow between us and the street (just visible at the top of the pic).  !!!!!!!  My tax dollars at work, providing traction to nowhere accessible......

The guy in the pic is 6'4" (nearly two meters tall), to give you an idea how much snow was plowed into the space a person would expect to use to cross the street..................

Sigh.

Cleansing breath...........................................................................





I was struck by the nicely cleared walk -- under some branches which are guaranteed to dump a ton of snow down your neck, should you walk up to the door.  A nice clear path to somewhere you may seriously regret going.....  It seemed a little odd to me then, and it seems a little odd to me now.

With self, reflected in the storm door.

.

2 comments:

Carolynn Anctil said...

A booby trapped door. *snort* I love it. You have a very cute pup. I see he rouses himself every once in a while for a wee walk.

I need orange said...

The more I think about it, the stranger it seems....

I mean -- if you were going to take the trouble to clear the path, wouldn't you knock the snow off the branches?

One of the Mysteries of the Age.....

He's always up for a walk. :-)

Unless it is pouring down rain.