Monday, July 11, 2011

July 4

.

In Ft. Wayne, we visited with the children of my dad's oldest friend, and with my dad's sister. 

Here's a public service announcement -- when you are visiting someone who stays in a retirement facility, and you need lodging, you might check with the retirement facility to see if they rent overnight space.  This one rents a one-bedroom apt (complete with washer/dryer) for something like $50 a night!

Planning the day..........



Visits complete, we headed back to my house, breaking our Ann-Arbor-ward journey in Marshall, Michigan.




This excellent building bristled with pigeon-pokers.  (I don't know what that spiky stuff is called, but that's what it's for, and I like the alliteration.)  All that metal glowed in the sun.  This is a poor capture, but maybe you can see it along the top lines of the building.

I hadn't noticed that the middle-of-the-window decorations look like morels.



The bricks are set in a bunch of different ways.




Who knew.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. Pigeon pokers. Now I'll know what to call them. :)

As always, I just love your attention to detail.

I need orange said...

:-)

[blush] Thanks!