Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 7

.

On the 7th I took my new shoes to one of the U's rec buildings, to try them in an indoor setting in case I needed to return them.

My rec pass worked, and I used my parking pass for the first time.  I don't know if it worked, because I don't know if anyone looked at it....

Here we are, my new shoes and I, walking round and round on a tenth-of-a-mile track.  I lost count once, but I think we did two miles.  Or maybe 2.1.  In about half an hour.  Not too bad.  For grins, I counted steps on one loop -- 192 (one, two, three....  rather than one and two and three and....).

I don't hate the new shoes, but I don't love them, either, at this point.

We were the slowest thing on the track, except when others were cooling down, but we -- well, ok *I* -- was the oldest.  Easily old enough to be the mother of nearly everyone on the track.

It wasn't that light, in there, compared to outside, and I did not stop to take pics.....


.

No comments: