Tuesday, December 11, 2012

How am I supposed to answer "You have a nice day!"

...when the person who said it to me is leaving my house without installing the new dishwasher, because the floor under the old dishwasher is rotten, and I probably have to have a whole new floor in the kitchen and the downstairs half bath?  (the floor is some kind of weird poured plastic stuff) 

Not only no dishwasher for another couple of weeks; we're looking at no kitchen at all for who knows how long..........................................

What am I supposed to say?  "Yeah, PROBABLY!  I expect I will (continue to?) have an absolutely groovy day"??????????????????????????

At least that's not as bad as the person at the vet who told me to have a nice day as I left after having my dog put down.  (It was the emergency vet; it was that woman and the vet; she knew exactly what happened while I was there.)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously?  I mean.  SERIOUSLY?

What is it that compels people to tell you "Have a nice day!" when they know damn' well that you are NOT having even a ordinary/OK kind of day?

Feh.

.

No comments: