Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Riven

.

Many years ago, my better half gave me the computer game Riven for Christmas.  I spent hours and hours exploring and figuring out how to make things work.....

He recently discovered Riven was available for Windows 7.  It's a bit fragile (I've made it freeze many times), but it's playable (save early; save often...).

I am enjoying revisiting these familiar scenes.

This is something you see very shortly after you arrive in the game.



After some exploring, you can figure out how to get to the island seen across the water above.....



If you approach these guys slowly, you can get quite close.



Cool, eh?



Sitting by a turquoise sea, under the shade of a tree.......  I could do that for a while!



Walking through another part of the same island.  This is the part with the trees, as seen in the first image in this post.


.

No comments: