Monday, February 25, 2013

Flag, on a snowy day

.

Let's see what happens if we play with this one......



First, a tighter crop.

I tried some filters.  This is the cut-out filter.  I like the background -- what it does with the layers of trees, but don't like what it does to the flag.



Let's select the flag, invert the selection, and do the cutout on the background, not the flag.

Much better.  This has also been lightened.  (As always, click on an image to embiggen.  I like these better in bigger versions....)



Back to the original, and my old favorite -- poster edges.  I often don't like what happens to the sky, when poster-edged.  I am likely to use the magic wand to select the sky, invert the selection, and apply the poster-edging to the non-sky.  I did that here, and like this better than the original, too.



All, in all, I like the results I got with the tea cup better than these, but I think both of them are more interesting than the original, and I'm having fun playing, so I'm calling this "success," too.

.

No comments: