Friday, February 22, 2013

Saturday morning tea


.

There are many things I love about photography.  One of them is that (in this digital age) it is so quick.  So cheap.  So easy to continue with, even when one is feeling ... uninspired.

At this time of year, I always get ... tired.  Tired of what I see (every day, more and more monotonous winter).  Same cars, same houses, same trees, same, same, same.

I've been fighting wars in my "done by choice" volunteer world, and seriously needed some escape.

I decided to go back and find some pics, and shop the )#($& out of them.

There are so many things that I don't know how to do -- why not crank up some tools I've never used (or have hardly used), and see what happens?

How about this one?



Fresco filter.  I like this -- I like the way you can see the chairs in the background.  But I'm not thrilled with the color. 



Cut-out filter.  Hmmmm.....  Now I'm not so crazy about the chairs in the background.  I do like this better than I usually like the cut-out filter, though.



What if we poster-edge it?

Now I really like the cup and the table, but I'm still not so happy with the background...... It's busy, without adding anything useful.



I'm having fun, which was most of the point, so we'll call this successful.

.

No comments: