Sunday, March 24, 2013

cheap date

.

I guess I'm just cheap, period, not only in the "date" department.

I've lost enough watches that I've never been able to understand spending more than $10 on a watch.  I'm learning, though, that times are changing, and what used to be a $10 watch is now $19.99.

Here I am, with my newest "$10" watch.  I like 'em to be analog, so they don't have any annoying beeps to set themselves off, if your watch should spend some time stuffed in your pocket, like mine often does.

And I like 'em plain.  I really should have taken pics of some of the watches we saw -- the faces were so busy the hands got lost.  You could look right at the face of the watch, and still have no idea what time it was.  They tended to be huge, too.  I'm sure some of them were as wide as my wrist. 

This is the biggest watch I've ever had.....

One more think to check off my "to do before leaving the country" list.  There are times when I just don't want to have to dig the phone out of my pocket all the time to see what time it is...............  Like on an airplane......................




And now, just because we can, the glowing-edges version.................





Seems like a reasonable lesson in drawing a hand..........................................  And a nice new "$10" watch...........................

.

No comments: