Monday, March 25, 2013

March 20

.

Now that we're back on daylight-savings time, it's light when I walk home from yoga.


Wednesday's class was actually my second yoga class this week.  On the 19th, I did a make-up for when I had a cold earlier this year and was coughing and didn't want to infect everyone.......

I'd only ever been to level-1 classes, but on the 19th I braved a level 2-3 class for people 50 and up.  I knew we were allowed to go to classes one level up or down from our regular level, and I figured with that 50+ in the title, I could probably keep up.  I asked when I got there, and was told I'd be fine..........

It was so interesting.  So interesting which aspects of class are the same as a level-1 class, and which are different.  So interesting to have the whole class be "my peeps" (women my age and older -- though -- what was with that one 30 year old???).

My daughter's kindergarten teacher was in the class.  She remembered my name, and asked after my daughter.  She said she'd been taking yoga for 30 years -- ever since Laurie (Blakeney, our teacher) "was just a kid!"

Someone else in the class and I recognized each other immediately, but couldn't figure out from where....

The class had clearly been working together for a long time -- you could feel the cohesion.

I'd never been interested in moving up from level 1, but it was kinda nice to not have so much class time spent explaining things to people who just walked in and have never taken yoga before.......  We spent more time doing, and less time listening.....

I'm planning to visit that class again this coming week, as a pre-make-up for when I'll be gone.........

.

No comments: