Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 10 -- afternoon

.

Hey -- this looks like Tuscany!  Tall skinny trees, olive trees.......  And it's not raining!



I believe this is the first time we saw Firenze (Florence) on a road sign.  This must be Tuscany!



Oh my.  Michigan roads don't lead to these places!  It's tantalizing to see the names of so many places I won't visit on this trip!  Rome!



This is the only modern-looking church I saw in Italy.



Gorgeous skies.  With more roadside wall.



We know a lot of rice is eaten in some parts of Italy.  When I saw wet low-lying fields, like these, I wondered.......  I don't think I've ever seen rice growing, in person.  I've seen it on tv.....



Grapevines.



What beautiful countryside!



We don't have evergreens like this in Michigan.  Their habit looks like a deciduous tree -- I'm not familiar with evergreens which take this shape.



Wet springs lead to lots of green.



We have a day-trip to Siena planned.....



We are approaching our destination.



Love the shadows of the tall skinny trees.



Grapevines from closer up.  Olive trees on the hill.



Olive trees, from a moving vehicle, through a not-so-clean window.



Climbing the hill, through the trees.




We have arrived.  We have parked Ugo.  This is our first opportunity to stand near the top of a hill in Tuscany, and take pictures.

Wow.







Olive trees, while I stand still, with no glass between us.  This is just how they look -- the leaves are green on top, and silver on the bottom.....






Wow..............




In order to facilitate chronological traversal of these posts, here is a link to the next post.

.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm loving your road trip. Those trees. Those SIGNS! Oh -- I am SO glad you took photos of the signs!

I need orange said...

You are such a fun person to bring along. :-) I am enjoying your enthusiasm for the things that catch my eye. :-)

Thank you for coming along.