Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 8

.

Here's my big gray car.  The stupid "low tire pressure" light came on, and didn't go away even after I put some air in the tire (the car is smart enough to tell us which tire it thinks is low).  This is annoying, and not the reason we pay someone to let us use a brand new car!  It's bigger than I want, too.  All and all, I'd rather have a Versa. 

But I was glad to have something that was "mine" that I could use without causing inconvenience to anyone I was visiting.



Walking around the place where my parents live, on a hot, muggy, Kansas day.  One of the days I was there was over 100 (F).  Not at all unusual for Kansas, in July.

The retirement community where my parents live has a lovely big campus, with pleasant streets, tidy cottages, several "high-rise" buildings, and this nice big body of water.



There are lots of interesting plants.  Waterlilies (thinking about seeing that big Monet at the Nelson yesterday!).



Birch with extra-peely bark.



Looking back in the direction of the place I was standing when I took the previous pic of this large pond.  That's one of the "high rises."  This one is mostly apartments, and also houses one of the dining rooms (which looks this way).



In  between the next pic and the previous one, I've had lunch, spent a few hours with my parents and my daughter, delivered my daughter to the airport for her trip back to Ann Arbor, and had dinner with my parents and my sibs and their spouses.


I don't remember ever seeing flowers quite like this one.  It was blooming outside another of the high rises, where we had a very nice dinner.


.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I like your "Monet!" And you're not alone -- my "engine" light has been on for four years. Used to be they'd turn it off when I had my oil changed; now they don't even bother.