Saturday, August 10, 2013

August 7

.

Walking to yoga.

Summer squash, growing in a yellow cage.



Closeup of its excellent tendrils.




The 7th was the first time in months that I saw no ducks on the pond in West Park.  I saw no birds of any kind.  I saw goldfish in the pond, and dragonflies over its surface, and that was the only wildlife I spotted.

Last week the mama ducks were working with their youngsters on flight strength and skills.  All of the ducks but one took off from the pond.  One family left the area and did not return while I watched.  The other family took off, did a couple of loops over the park, and then landed on the pond.  The duck who didn't take off with the rest was glad when they landed again.  Life is chancy, for ducks............



Walking home after yoga.  Cosmos.



Closeup.  Love the abstract colors in the background.............


.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Aren't the gourd strings mesmerizing? Nice photo!