Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 7

.

Maple.



Last year, when the city planted a lot of new little trees in the middle of a heat-wave/drought, some of them were maples.  I was surprised -- we have SO many maples in Ann Arbor.  I've read (on the city website!) that they're not continuing to plant maples, in the hope that more diversity will make extinction (like the death of all our ash trees in the last 10 years) less likely.

They did plant birch trees and redbuds and amelanchiers and other trees, last year.

Yet some of the trees they planted last year were maples.  A different sort of maple -- the new little ones have more rounded leaves, like this one..............



Oak.



The back of the same leaf.



Walking to yoga.  A windy day (see how the surface of the pond is ruffled?).

No ducks.  At least -- no ducks I saw.  I suppose they may have been sheltering under the bridge/boardwalk.

.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Looking down at a number of your posts -- all those leaves in this one and down the page! (I like the ones with the drops!).

It got cold and windy on us, didn't it? I really am not ready.

I need orange said...

I'm glad we're having warmer weather this weekend! Cold enough to leave snow on the ground -- that's pretty cold, after our beautiful fall.

Sad that most of the leaves are down, and most of the ones that are left in the trees are brown........................