Thursday, January 02, 2014

December 28, morning

.

Sunrise.



The sun was out all day, on the 28th, from sunrise to sunset.  It was warm, too.  About 40.  A really nice day.

The farmers' market is a shadow of its summer self, at the end of December.  There may have been a couple of dozen vendors.



Apples and cider.



Isn't this chard gorgeous?



Carrots.



Bok choy.



Want to put together your own jam sampler?



Love the crushed candy canes on the sides of this pretty cake.



I've never had one of these sandwiches, but I bet they are good. 



I'm not a frosting person, but I think these snowperson cookies are really cute.



Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.



Sourdough bread, in a one- or two-person size, with plenty of really good dark chocolate.  Mmmmmmmmmm.




Cheddar/herb scone.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Zingerman's Bakehouse really does a very nice job, with a very wide variety of treats.


.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Probably a good thing I wasn't there. I would have bought that peppermint cake. Now I need to make one. Scones and carrots -- oh, they look great!

I need orange said...

:-) I thought that peppermint cake was very pretty, but I'd rather eat a cheddar scone. :-) Or a carrot. :-)