Friday, May 02, 2014

April 26

.

Farmers' market.  Ahhhhhhhh.  Color.......................

Gerberas, yes?



Begonia.  Love it...........



Breakfast at Zingerman's Next Door.  Apricot and cream cheese strudel.  Whoever chose the flavorings for this did a really nice job.  A very pleasant balance of tastes makes a very enjoyable whole.



Palmier.  Puff-pastry dough, sugared and folded into shape.



Very, very flakey/crispy.  These are very good, but, truth be told, I prefer the cheese version.  I've never seen cheese palmiers for sale, but my daughter brought some absolutely delicious ones home from the puff-pastry class she took at Bake!



Olive oil is on sale at Zingerman's, to make room for new oil (pressed last fall).

My daughter and I visited Cacchiano last year......



Cacchiano is on a Tuscan hill.  One of those Tuscan hills that gives 360-degree views from the top (if only you could stand on top of the fortification at the apex).  The same family has owned the land since the 1100s........  (I hope you'll click through -- there are some amazing views, from the top of that hill..........)

We have a lot of olive oil at the moment, but I might need some of this.  I was there, right there, where the olives grow..................



Disengaging myself from Italian revery...........

Some Michigan lettuce, planted in a big bowl.  Isn't this pretty?  I don't suppose it's cost effective -- if you eat the lettuce, it's gone.  But wouldn't this make a gorgeous centerpiece?  If you had a big table and were into centerpieces?



I'd never seen a performer in this sort of get-up.  I didn't see any of the performance, but I applaud the creativity.  Little boys in the crowd were entranced........



I'm imagining it's a dream job, illustrating seed packets..........




I suppose I will be paying less and less attention to the grocery-store flowers, as there is more and more color in the Ann Arbor landscape.  Here's another interesting little bouquet from Busch's.  I think the chartreuse touches make this one.


.

No comments: