Thursday, May 01, 2014

taking notes

.

I've talked before about trying to figure out a way for me to be happy taking (and keeping and searching...) notes in my Coursera classes.

This attempt is made more complex as I take into account the files of info prepared for us by the teaching staff.  Each class seems to be different, in regard to the kind and format of the content they have made available, which means that a note-taking method that works in one class doesn't make sense for another.

Epigentics has a pdf of the slides for the class.  Adobe Reader now allows a person to annotate a pdf.

So that's what I'm doing in Epigenetics...........  I downloaded a copy of the pdf, and I'm annotating my copy of that pdf as I see fit.  Here's an example.


Click on the image if you wish to embiggen it.

My notes are in the smaller font, in the lower right corner.


The original image on the slide is Nucleosome organization, by Derekk2 (via Wikimedia Commons).


I've struggled to get my added text to turn into a moveable text box (so I can put it just where I want it).  I am still not sure how to get it to do that.  But once I figure that out, I'll be relatively comfortable with this method of note-taking.

I wish there was a way for me to embed pics in the pdf, but I haven't seen a way to do that.  Maybe I would have to get the upgraded version you have to pay for, in order to do that...........

.

No comments: