Monday, May 12, 2014

May 4 -- Water Hill Music Fest

.

May 4th was the day of the Water Hill Music Fest.  Water Hill is just north and east of our neighborhood (on the other side of Miller, and toward town from Mack School).

We walked over, enjoying the tulips.



As you wander around the Water Hill neighborhood, on Music Fest day, you encounter crowds of people listening to performances.

It's an interesting and entertaining way to experience a small fraction of the musical talent in our community.



My daughter pointed out that this woman's yellow hat was adorned with dinos.  When I went to get a closer look, I was so surprised by the garments the two people were wearing that I forgot all about the dinos.  (Note tassels down the backs of the sleeves on the yellow jacket..........)  Talk about individual expression!  Good on 'em, I say.



Speaking of individual expression ... check out this house.  Note the glass-block windows for the lower level (near bottom, left, in this next image), and the fancy doors.  I'd love to see the inside of this one........



We enjoyed listening to a bunch of different groups.  I think our favorite for style of music and for execution was Accidentally Hip.

I spotted this fern as we walked home.


.

No comments: